This morning, shortly after the 10:00 am deadline, the White Sox released their ALDS roster to the public.
The following players are listed as part of the Taxi Squad:
On the flip side, here is the roster Houston is rolling with:
For many of these positions, we could guess who would make the cut for the White Sox. However, there were a few interesting choices made by the team.
- Zack Collins was chosen over Seby Zavala as the backup catcher
- Danny Mendick made the roster as a utility IF over Romy Gonzalez or Jake Burger
- Dallas Keuchel did not make the roster, and Jose Ruiz won that battle
- Gavin Sheets made the roster, and Brian Goodwin will be on the Taxi Squad
- The White Sox have chosen to carry 12 pitchers and 14 position players
Some of the players listed on the ALDS Taxi Squad are guys we might see in the ALCS if the White Sox advance: Keuchel, Evan Marshall, or even Ryan Burr. Jose Ruiz’s spot is the most expendable, and as the team heads deeper into the Postseason, they might consider carrying more pitchers.
Anyone on the Taxi Squad will not be eligible to play in the ALDS unless there is a COVID-related illness.
For now, the split is 12 and 14 with Lance Lynn and Lucas Giolito taking Games 1 and 2 in Houston. Given the number of infielders on the roster, it will be interesting to see how La Russa handles this roster.
Get ready for 3 pm today folks.
Featured Photo: sportslogos.net