Here at Sox On 35th, we boast a talented and passionate group of contributors that provides coverage all year long. To help you get familiar with our staff, we will be rolling out our “Meet the Team” article series throughout the offseason. In this installment, we get to know contributor Noah Phalen.
My name is Noah Phalen and this upcoming season will mark my fourth as a contributor for Sox On 35th. I’m originally from Schaumburg, Illinois, but in 2021, I moved to Spokane, Washington to be with my girlfriend – now fiance.
Black and White have run in my family’s blood for years. My dad is a huge Sox fan, so baseball was on our TV a lot growing up. I loved sports so much that I wanted to pursue a career in it. In 2020, I graduated from Olivet Nazarene University with a degree in Sport Management and a minor in Business. Unfortunately, COVID made getting a job in sports difficult, so I had to look elsewhere. One day, I’d still love to be able to work in baseball.
When I’m not occupying my time with baseball, I also enjoy theatre, movies, and video games.
- Page Role: Contributor
- Hometown: Schaumburg, IL
- Current Town: Spokane, WA
- Education/Major: Olivet Nazarene University – Sport Management, Business minor
- Favorite White Sox Player: Luis Robert
- Favorite Thing About Being a White Sox fan: Being able to interact with other huge fans on Twitter every day.
- Least Favorite Baseball Team: I have to go with the Houston Asterisks. Congrats to them on their first World Series though.
- Favorite White Sox Uniform: Love me some good old-fashioned pinstripes.
- “Mount Rushmore” of Sox Players: Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, Jose Abreu (I’m too young to remember anyone before that)
- Favorite In-Person White Sox Memory: I went to a game against the Twins when I was a kid. The Sox trailed 10-4 in the bottom of the 9th and came back to tie and eventually win it in extras.
- Favorite Baseball Movie: Angels in the Outfield
- Favorite Ballpark Food: Definitely the helmet nachos
- Favorite Ballpark: Milwaukee’s American Family Field
- Ballpark You Want to Visit: I’d like to visit all 30 ballparks one day, but specifically the classic – Fenway Park.
- Favorite Fast Food: Chipotle
- Favorite TV show: Survivor
- Favorite Hobbies: Gaming, Music, Movies
- Dream Vacation: Iceland or Switzerland
- Dream Job: General Manger of the White Sox
- Last Concert Attended: The Lumineers and CAAMP
- Favorite Band/Artist: The Lumineers and CAAMP
- Favorite Team Aside From Baseball: Chicago Bears
- Favorite Sports Moment: The White Sox winning the World Series, obviously.