After a long offseason, it’s finally time we return to our second home at 35th and Shields.
The White Sox will be facing the Giants in a home opener that has been moved up an hour due to inclement weather. If you’re planning on heading out to Guaranteed Rate Field, here are some important things to know.
- First Pitch: 2:10 PM CT (Moved up one hour due to impending inclement weather)
- Starting Pitchers: Michael Kopech vs. Anthony DeSclafani
- Watch/Listen: NBC Sports Chicago/ESPN 1000
Parking, Tailgating, and Stadium Reminders
- Parking Lots Open: 3 hours prior to game time (11:10 AM CT).
- Tailgating Reminders: This year, no tents are allowed during tailgating – this is a new ballpark rule.
- If you’re around Lot B, look for our Duke Coughlin! He will be making burgers and dogs for fans alongside Dave Williams of Barstool Sports.
- Parking Reminders:
- Lots A, B, C, and G are sold out. You may be able to get day-of-game parking in Lots F or L.
- Overflow parking will be located in Lot B at McCormick Place – there will be a free shuttle service to get you to the game if you have to park here.
- Entering the Stadium:
- Gates open 1.5 hours prior to game time (12:30 PM CT).
- This year, the team will be giving away a magnetic calendar for their giveaway. Make sure to get in line early!
- A reminder that large bags are NOT allowed inside Guaranteed Rate Field. The only allowed bags are clear tote bags (12″ x 12″ x 6″ or smaller), clutch purses (9″ x 5″ x 2″ or smaller), or diaper bags when an infant is present.
- HELPFUL HINT: Oftentimes, Gate 5 is quicker than Gate 3 when the lines are long. Make sure to spread out instead of packing into just one gate line!
- Stadium Reminders:
- Your tickets are mobile! Make sure to save them to your phone’s wallet before getting to the stadium – cell service will not be great at the ballpark.
- Guaranteed Rate field does not take cash. This includes the team stores and all concession stands. Make sure to grab your credit card before leaving for the field!
- On-Field Festivities Start Time: 1:30 PM CT
- Team Introductions: The Ford Ride Around is back! The players will enter the field from center field in Ford Broncos and Mustangs to wave to the crowd.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Former White Sox catcher and 2005 World Series Champion A.J. Pierzynski
- National Anthem: Jon Secada, Latin Music artist
- Pregame Flyover: United States Navy P-8A Poseidon aircrafts
Get ready for an exciting year at the ballpark – and go White Sox!
Follow us @SoxOn35th for more throughout the offseason!
Featured Image: White Sox / Twitter