It’s an exciting day of the offseason: the day in which the White Sox tell us the new food that will be coming to Guaranteed Rate Field in 2023! With the new 500-level bar already in motion, the club has announced where you can find some of the newest options throughout the season for food.
Here’s what you can expect starting in April!
Huntington Bank Stadium Club
The following options will be available in the Huntington Bank Stadium Club – along with who is providing them:
- Mangonada: A mango sorbet, incorporating fresh mangos, chamoy, and fiery chili powder (Levy Restaurants)
- Rib Tips: The dish features slow-smoked rib tips, covered in Hog Wild BBQ sauce, and served with fresh coleslaw and a cornbread muffin (Levy Restaurants).
If you’re lucky enough to join a game from the suites, here are the new items you can expect:
- Pan-Seared Pierogis: Enjoy potato and cheese pierogis served with caramelized onions, charred Polish sausage and fresh chive sour cream (Levy Restaurants).
- Pineapple Cucumber Chamoy Skewers: The pineapple cucumber chamoy skewers are made of freshly cut pineapple and cucumbers served with tajin, house made chamoy, coconut flakes, and lime wedges (Levy Restaurants).
- Colossal Potato Wedges: Crispy loaded baked potato wedges served with an assortment of dipping sauces.
Here are the items you can find as you roam the ballpark:
- Chicharrónes en Bolsa (Vizzy View Bar): The popular Mexican dish includes fried vegetable pinwheel crisps and is available with a variety of hot sauces (Levy Restaurants).
- Gonzo Garbanzo Sandwich (Section 107 Carvery): Seasoned chickpeas, red pepper hummus, avocado, arugula and a beefsteak tomato slice make up this deliciously hearty sandwich, served on wheatberry bread (Delaware North).
- Elote Corndog (Sections 140 and 544): A classic ballpark corndog smothered in creamy queso fresco and topped with fresh jalapeños, grilled corn, cilantro and cotija cheese composes the Elote Corndog (Delaware North).
- The Champagne of Dogs (Miller High Life Sky Lounge): A half-pound Vienna Beef footlong Frank, served on a brioche bun and topped with champagne Vidalia relish and habanero mustard (Delaware North.
- Belgian Banger (Blue Moon Balcony): A half-pound spicy Polish sausage on a Bavarian pretzel bun, completed with sweet orange caramelized onions, red cabbage slaw and topped with crispy chopped bacon bits (Delaware North).
New Craft Beers
The club also announced that six new breweries will be making their debut in the Leinenkugel’s Craft Lodge in 2023. The new breweries and featured beers added to the extensive 2023 craft beer list include:
- Funkytown Brewery, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Hip Hops & R&Brew Pale Ale)
- Magners Irish Cider, headquartered in Tipperary, Ireland
- Obscurity Brewing, headquartered in Elburn, Illinois (First Time Feeling Rotating Sour)
- On Tour Brewing Company, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Typical Day Dream Farmhouse Ale)
- Pilot Project Brewing, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois (Brewers Kitchen, experimental in-house brewing brand)
- Voodoo Brewing Company, headquartered in Meadville, Pennsylvania (Oh Mama Traditional Golden American Lager)
With just a few weeks until Opening Day at the ballpark, get ready to try all these new items and pick your favorites!
Follow us @SoxOn35th for more throughout the season!
All Images from the Chicago White Sox