With Dylan Cease on the bump and several MLB starters in the lineup, the White Sox were able to win their second consecutive game on Wednesday, 6-4, over the Cincinnati Reds. Andrew Vaughn owned the highlight moment with a three-run bomb in the second inning, his second hit of the day and an eventual game-winner. On the bump, Cease threw two scoreless innings with two punch-outs, although he had to wiggle his way out of a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the first to do so.
Yasmani Grandal continued his scorching-hot spring, going 2-3 with a dinger to left-center to raise his batting average to .625. Likewise, Oscar Colas impressed again, doubling in his only at-bat to raise his OPS to .1000 in the spring. In relief, Jake Diekman, Reynaldo Lopez, and Jose Ruiz all registered scoreless innings. Kendall Graveman surrendered three earned runs, all on a Jake Fraley blast, in 0.2 innings pitched.
W: Dylan Cease (1-0) L: Luke Weaver (0-1) | S: Sammy Peralta (1)
- Tim Anderson: 1-for-3, 1 R, 1 RBI
- Andrew Vaughn: 2-for-3, 1 R, 3 RBI, 1 HR
- Andrew Benintendi: 0-for-3, 1 K
- Yasmani Grandal: 2-for-3, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 HR
- Oscar Colas: 1-for-1, 1 2B
- Eloy Jimenez: 1-for-3
- Dylan Cease: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K
- Kendall Graveman: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Jake Diekman: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- Reynaldo Lopez: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
- Jose Ruiz: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Staying home at Camelback Ranch, the South Siders take on the Texas Rangers tomorrow at 2:05 pm CST. Jesse Scholtens returns to start for the Sox with the contest’s radio broadcast on WMVP (ESPN) 1000 AM.
Follow us @SoxOn35th for more throughout the Spring!
Featured Image: White Sox / Twitter