The July First-Year Player Draft is just a few days away, and rumors, mock drafts, and video continue to swirl around the internet as teams decide who best fits the future of their franchise. This year, the draft is being held in July and will have 20 rounds. This is more than last year (5 rounds) but fewer than in previous years (40 rounds).
On the final off day before the All-Star break, the Sox On 35th crew was joined by James Fox (Future Sox/South Side Sox) to talk about the upcoming First-Year Player Draft:
1) State of the White Sox Farm System
– Top names in the system
– Most appealing players for trades
– Why some trades might be difficult to pull off for the Sox
2) Drafting Philosophy
– White Sox’ philosophy and its shift over the years
– Are high schoolers that much riskier than college players?
– The art of the mock draft
3) July Draft for the White Sox
– Top targets for the team/under-the-radar names to watch
– Draft predictions from James and Nik
4) Future Drafts
– Trading picks? More than 20 rounds? James and Nik give their thoughts
On behalf of the entire Sox On 35th staff, we want to thank James for taking the time out to give us the July Draft updates! You can find him on Twitter @JamesFox917.
Make sure to tune in below! We will continue to provide draft coverage as the White Sox make their picks throughout the three days of the draft!
Listen, Rate, & Subscribe!
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Google Play
- Click here for Spotify
- Click here for Podbean
- Click here for Stitcher
- Click here for TuneIn
- Click here for Blubrry
- Click here for YouTube
Follow us on social media @SoxOn35th for more!