The White Sox continued to stay hot at home, winning their third-straight game in a close one at the end. The 3-2 win for the Good Guys also means the Rangers have now lost six in a row and eight of their last nine. Perfect timing if you ask us.
Lucas Giolito was the main story of this game. He gave it his all and tried to pitch through the eighth. After a first pitch flyout, Elvis Andrus came up next and sent one off the wall in left-center for a double. That was enough to send Don Cooper out to check on the ace, but after a wild pitch to the backstop followed, Ricky decided he had seen enough. Nevertheless, the club got 7.1 innings of one-run ball in another quality start.
Texas did manage to tack on another run in the ninth to shrink Chicago’s lead to one. Luckily, the Sox offense from earlier was enough. A two-run second inning thanks to Edwin Encarnacion and Luis Robert held up for most of the game. Encarnacion’s parrot also made an appearance in the seventh after a 412 foot blast in what would turn out to be the difference maker.
Dallas Keuchel gets the nod tomorrow with the brooms coming out of storage once again. We’ll see if the Sox can finally get their first sweep of the season.
FINAL: White Sox 3, Rangers 2
- Leury Garcia (SS): 1-for-3, BB, CS (1)
- Yoan Moncada (3B): 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Jose Abreu (1B): 0-for-3, K
- Yasmani Grandal (C): 1-for-3, run
- Eloy Jimenez (LF): 1-for-3, 2B (4), run, 2 K
- Edwin Encarnacion (DH): 1-for-3, HR (6), 2 RBI, run, K
- Nomar Mazara (RF): 0-for-3, K
- Adam Engel (RF): 0-for-0
- Luis Robert (CF): 1-for-3, RBI
- Danny Mendick (2B): 0-for-3, 2 K
- Lucas Giolito (W, 2-2): 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Jimmy Cordero (H, 3): 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- Alex Colome (S, 4): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
W: Lucas Giolito (2-2) | L: Corey Kluber (2-3) | S: Alex Colome (4)
Player of the Game
- Lucas Giolito: 7.1 IP, 5 H, 4 K, 1 ER, 3 BB
Game Broadcast presented by Sox In The Basement
Follow our friends on Twitter at @SoxInTheBasemnt!
The two three teams all win again to keep the standings still. Both Detroit and Kansas City lost again to continue their plunge at the bottom.
- Twins: 16-5
- Indians: 14-8, 2.5 GB
- White Sox: 13-8, 3.0 GB
- Royals: 7-13, 8.5 GB
- Tigers: 6-14, 9.5 GB
The White Sox go for the four-game sweep tomorrow afternoon behind the so-far solid Dallas Keuchel. First pitch is at 1:10 P.M. CST.
For more White Sox content, be sure to follow @SoxOn35th on all social media platforms!